Monday, May 29, 2017

"Success is a journey, not a destination..."

"...It requires constant effort, vigilance, and reevaluation." 

Wise words from Mark Twain, that I bear in mind this week in particular.  Having progressed from a scratchy throat to pneumonia and missing three days last week, I'm afraid I left students without a road map for their reading journey with Tom Sawyer.  Thus, on Wednesday (Tuesday being a combined service/field day), I plan to evaluate where things stand with the reading, and make sure that everyone is on the same page, so to speak, before continuing on.  

I do hope that students have accessed an audio version to read along to if they enjoy doing so.  Once I assess the state of our journey, I will figure out the itinerary for the rest of the week!

Homework:

Wednesday:  Catch up night:  should be read through ch. 9
                       Packet:  pg. 1 complete; pg. 2 & 3 begun with what we've read so far

Thursday:  Finish reading ch. 10; add to packets as needed; everyone at this point should                      have 5 words completed on their personal dictionary log

Friday:  Finish rdg. ch. 11 & 12; add to packets