Monday, June 18, 2018

The Final Countdown!

It seems that all who attended our Celebration of Ancient Greece Showcase agreed that it was a huge success!  Students performed poetry, skits, and original music and all of their projects were on display for families, staff and students to enjoy.  

I've asked students to pass on to next year's Green Rev students a bit of themselves and their work.  Each student inscribed a raindrop bookmark with lines from their River of Words poem, and students next year will have the opportunity to pluck one from the bulletin board outside my room.  I've also asked students to consider submitting their poem to the River of Words contest; while there weren't many takers, I'm hoping to have a  bunch to mail off this summer.

While students are counting down these last few days, I'm also encouraging them to reflect on their achievements this year and to harness their intelligence and creativity for much more success in years to come.  Their insightful thinking, wit, and wisdom only a seventh grader can reveal was truly a gift to me as a teacher and person, and I thank each and every one for that!

I wish students and families a fun and relaxing summer!  

Homework:

Please return mythology and Giver books.  If books are not returned, the office staff will contact families regarding payment for lost books.